Another variation on a classic, this sour pairs Slurp's Rhubarb Cardamom mix with Bourbon to make a sour that is extra. Egg white in the shaker creates a thick foamy top typical on a sour but if that's not your jam, you can simply leave it out.
- 3 oz Slurp Rhubarb and Cardamom Mix
- 1 1/2 oz premium Bourbon
- 0.5 oz lemon juice
- 1 small egg white, optional
- Fresh rhubarb or lemon peel for garnish
- Combine the mix, bourbon, lemon juice and egg white in a shaker with no ice. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Open the shaker and add ice. Shake again for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Strain into a coupe and garnish with the peel of your choice.
Note: If you do use a raw egg white, be sure the egg is very fresh. Consuming raw or lightly cooked eggs poses a risk of food-borne illness.